At LifeWorks Occupational Therapy, we are committed to providing a safe and quality service to all our clients. Despite our best efforts, incidents may occur during or as a result of our service. We have a comprehensive incident management procedure in place to address such situations.
If an incident occurs, we will:
- Ensure Safety: Make sure you and everyone involved is safe.
- Involve Authorities: Involve other organisations if required, e.g., the Police.
- Record Details: Record details about the incident on our systems.
- Investigate: Find out the cause of the incident.
- Improve: Make changes so our service is improved.
- Provide Support: Provide you with ongoing support and keep you updated on changes we have made.
- Report: Contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, if this is a reportable incident.
Reporting an Incident
If you feel unsafe or unhappy with our service, you can report an incident by:
- Contacting Your Clinician/Therapist: Reach out to your clinician/therapist or their Team Leader in writing, by phone, or in person. We can arrange an interpreter or any other assistance you might need to provide feedback.
- Calling Our Customer Care Team: Speak to our Customer Care Team on 08 7082 0622
If you prefer to speak to someone outside of LifeWorks Occupational Therapy, you can contact:
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission: Phone 1800 035 544 or visit ndiscommission.gov.au
Using an Advocate
If you need help to report an incident, you can use an advocate. This can be a family member, friend, support worker, or another agency, for example:
- People with Disabilities WA: Phone 1800 193 331, email [email protected] , or visit their office.