Online appointments are easy to do, and can be just as effective as in-person appointments. In fact, sometimes, they can even be better.
Some of the benefits on online appointments include:
- It is easy to access, you don’t have to travel anywhere
- You can be in the comfort of your own home
- You can choose the best therapist for you, anywhere in the world
- Once you have settled in to online appointments, the therapeutic relationship with your therapist can be the same as it is in-person
- It does not require technology skills or high-tech equipment
For your appointment you will need – an electronic device such as a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone, that has internet access, a camera, speaker and microphone. The online platform we use is called Zoom, and you can download it here: https://zoom.us/
When you book an appointment, you will be sent a Meeting ID and Password. This information will be sent in an email, SMS and a calendar invite. On the calendar invite you can just click on the link provided to join the meeting.
If you have any problems or difficulties, you may contact us on 0451178880. It is a good idea to log in about 10 minutes before your meeting, so you can test your audio, and get familiar with the program. If you are not in the meeting at the appointment time, your therapist will contact you on the phone number you have provided.
Some tips for a good online appointment experience are:
- Make sure you are in a quiet, private space with no distractions. If there are others at home, it is best if you are in a room by yourself where you can close the door
- Use headphones (such as those that come with your mobile phone) if you can, as these will help with sound quality
- Have your phone nearby in case there are any problems with the connection and you need to speak with your therapist
- Login to Zoom 10 minutes or so before your appointment to make sure it is all working for you
- Have a box of tissues, and a glass of water and any other comforts you may need closeby.