A person may be suitable for LifeWorks Occupational Therapy services if they experience any of the following:
- Difficulty functioning within their work, home, social or recreational environments
- Lack of motivation in managing their self-care, or doing their usual daily activities
- Difficulty coping at work or homePoor sleepChronic pain
- Withdrawal from friends and family or preferring to be alone
- DisorganisationLoss of role (e.g. worker, partner, caregiver)
- Feelings of failure, inadequacy or loneliness
- Increased use of substances to cope (e.g. alcohol)
- Feeling overwhelmedLack of meaning or purpose in life
- Lack of self-confidence or poor self esteem
- Struggling with relationships
- Chronic fatigueUnemployment or difficulty finding work
- Struggling to negotiate the health care or welfare systems
- Considering neuromodulation implant treatment
Why Home Visiting?
Occupational Therapists understand that your environment has a significant impact on your ability to perform tasks. Life skills can’t always be fully developed away from the places in which we live and the situations we experience in our home, our workplace and our community.
At times, modifying your home or work environment will be a part of the treatment process. With this is mind, it is important to include these environments during all aspects of treatment, including during the initial assessment and during any subsequent interventions and therapies.Home visiting also makes it very easy for you to attend appointments and allows therapies to be delivered in a space where you feel … at home.Clinic rooms, work-sites, schools, and other community-based venues may also be used where appropriate.